Magento site development (e-commerce)UK & International
Are you looking for a Magento 2 agency?
Since 2008, Alioze has produced 100% of its e-commerce sites using Magento (2).
Currently the best platform in the world to develop an e-commerce, Magento 2 offers flexibility and unique modularity. The community of developers, modules and the density of information contained in the forums allow a global approach for your e-shop.
If many providers offer the creation of e-commerce, few are able to obtain a proven user experience and effective SEO to acquire traffic from Google and other search engines. Our added value lies in the creation of e-commerce sites that are both functional and innovative, without neglecting design, ergonomics or SEO.
Native features of a Magento 1 and 2 e-commerce
Magento 1 & 2 are aimed at mid-size e-merchants as well as those who already have a high volume of sales and traffic, allowing the creation of e-commerce with many native features both on the client side (Front-End) and administrator side (Back-End):
- Default billing and delivery addresses
- Possibility to order with a guest account
- Newsletter subscription management
- Order tracking and history
- Unlimited address book
- Customer groups
Multiple and configurable payment solutions
- Check / Cash
- Bank transfer
SEO optimization tools
- Rewrite and control your URLs / meta information by product and category
- Possibility to generate a Sitemap from the Backend
- Site optimized for search engines
“Multi” management from a single back office
- Multi-site: each site can have categories / products, customers and its own interface (and possibly a separate domain name)
- Multi-store: each store can have its own products
- Multi-views: each view has its own languages / currencies
Interaction with products
- Notes and comments on the products (moderation on the Backend side for site administrators)
- Possibility to send the favorites list to a friend by e-mail
- List of favorite products (wishlist)
- Push images
Managing your site
- Flexible management of tax rates with support for French and international markets
- Content management system for editing information pages
- Management of administrator rights and their roles
- Customizable design through the use of themes
- Update of certain extensions
- Customer groups
Navigation in the product catalog
- Search engine for products by configurable filters according to category, price, popularity and brand
- Sorting of products by category according to price, name and date of creation
- Display of products in the form of grids
- Product Reviews / Comments
- Breadcrumb trail (navigation aid)
- Unlimited content pages
- Compare products
Marketing and promotional tools
- System for creating customizable promotional codes based on calendar, customer and product data
- Promotion system for the entire catalog based on product attributes
- Target page editing tool for campaigns
- Related products, Cross selling and Up selling
- Free shipping system
Product catalog management
- Advanced product filter in the administration interface
- Advanced management of products and their characteristics
- Image manager and resizing
- Inventory management and product inventory
- Massive product updates
- Assigning a dedicated theme
- Email notification of new orders, invoices and shipments
- Consultation, creation and editing from the administration interface
- Creation of invoices, shipments and credit notes
- Invoice prints
- Customer account tracking
Statistical analysis reports and tools
- Report on the best customers according to the amount / number of orders
- Report on the most viewed, commented and sold products
- Most Popular Search Terms Report
- Report on total invoiced and reimbursed sales
- RSS feed for recent orders, reviews and tags
- Report on abandoned baskets
- Stock depletion report
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Tax report
- Tariff grid to be applied according to the weight / destination / amount of the basket or the number of items in the basket and the destination
- Advanced shipping system based on amounts, weight, destinations, products in the basket
- Free shipping system
- Multi-address delivery
Magento features of the Alioze package
Choosing Alioze for your web development and to create your Magento e-commerce is equivalent to moving to a digital agency with a team of highly qualified, available and responsive professionals.
The strength of our agency specializing in the creation of e-commerce sites? The combination of the technical know-how of an SS2I and a strong artistic vision specific to a creative communication agency.
Our customers benefit from the Alioze experience thanks to a custom overlay deployed from day one. This contains a large panel of modules and numerous optimizations which provide a very large number of non-native functionalities.
- Adding features in AJAX for a better user experience (basket, wishlist, product quickview, newsletter)
- Adding essential attributes to categories
- Implementation of an admin pop-up
- Highlight on social networks (manageable)
- Sharing pages on different social networks
- Overload of configurable products to adjust the images of the product viewed according to the selected configuration
- Overload of native multi-language management extended to CMS content pages
- Overload of the Magento native menu with a customized Bootstrap version
- Overloading the zoom module on product pages
- Module allowing to externalize the Magento SMTP server and to deactivate queued mails
- Module to attach the PDF version of the invoice when sending the invoice email
- Module for entering a coupon code at the end of the order tunnel
- Module allowing to drastically speed up the re-indexing of products
- Module allowing AJAX filters in categories / searches pages
- Module allowing the visualization of CRON tasks in the back-end
- Module for managing more complex form contacts
- Module allowing the display of the banner relating to cookies
- Module to deactivate product comparison
- Module allowing to cancel the cancellation of an order
- Module allowing an extended management of shipping costs
- Newsletter subscription checkbox module
- Module for deleting orders
- Google Merchant feed management module
- Module extending VAT management
- Be2bill payment module
- ATOS payment module
Non-native e-commerce features also developed by Alioze *
* additional costing required
- ERP module interfacing
- Store locator optimized for web to store acquisition <> store to web
- Loyalty point management system
- Gift or sample selection system
- Advanced content management system (static page, blog or specific template)
- Backup system / product favorites without customer account (example: Asos)
- Development of a product configurator
- Development of a market place interface (Izberg, Miracle)
Magento 2: More power, more simplicity, more speed
Officially launched in November 2015, Magento 2 was designed to simplify the lives of both e-merchants and developers. His arrival opens many perspectives for the solution. All the issues raised by the Magento community with regard to the first version will be answered in Magento 2.
We are delighted to begin the development and to deploy the clients of our agency on this new version. Magento 2 looks like the future of e-commerce. In a few months, necessary for its tweaking and its improvement, all the developers will turn to this second version until the updates of Magento 1 are getting rarer and the modules unpublished are only reserved for Magento 2.
While Magento 1 has already largely proven itself in terms of robustness and flexibility, with Magento 2 performance is generally improved and reinforced:
- More power: ability to support a larger product database and possibility of editing the same product sheet by several admins simultaneously
- More speed: addition of Full page caching, improvement of speed in terms of loading time, consultation of the catalog, addition to the basket and placing of the order
- More security: in terms of source code, navigation data and all elements
- More practical: redesign of the Back-end in flat design and creation of a more intuitive menu on the administrator side allowing better ergonomics and greater user comfort
- More freedom: high customization possibilities, especially in terms of graphics
- More simplicity: for the creation of product sheets, but also at the level of file structure and templating which will be easier to tackle without special technical knowledge
- More modernity: refresh of the technologies used by default HTML 5 / CSS 3 / MySQL 5.6, CSS-pre processor, jQuery
Other developments complete the list of improvements: pre-installation control for the installation of new modules, optimization in terms of data import / export and catalog management. Responsive is also invited in the Front-end of Magento 2 which comes with a theme adapting to any type of device for use on computer, tablet and mobile.
Overall, Magento 2 has been designed to better support daily needs and the growth of e-commerce activity. For comparison, the figures speak for themselves: with the same server architecture, it will be possible to place twice as many orders and serve 20 times more catalog pages with Magento 2 than with Magento 1.
Magento migration all versions to Magento 1.9.4 or 2
Migrating your Magento to the most recent version is like upgrading your e-commerce. The desire to migrate a Magento from an old version to a newer version must therefore be motivated by three criteria:
- Security: security vulnerabilities detected in previous versions have been fixed.
- Performance: the more the versions evolve over time, the more they are efficient.
- Features: the most recent version benefits from the best updates and the latest news in terms of modules and features.
There are two possibilities for e-merchants wishing to upgrade:
- Apply the security patches one by one.
- Perform the overall version upgrade.
Our Magento migration services
Magento 1.3 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Magento 1.4 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Magento 1.5 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Magento 1.6 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Magento 1.7 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Magento 1.8 to 1.9.4 or Magento 2 migration
Need help developing your Magento?
Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Please contact us at +44 (0) 131 618 2632 or fill this form:
Industries in which Alioze specializes in
Are you based in the UK, in Glasgow, Edimbourg, London, Manchester, Liverpool or Belfast?
We will take care of your business wherever you are.